Art Retreat at The PrairieArt Retreat by the BeachArt Retreat in the Desert

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Do you know anything about Round Top, Texas? It’s the cutest, quaintest little town of about 87 residents! During Antiques Week twice a year, it swells with antiques dealers, interior designers, shoppers and girlfriends out to have some fun for the week! I found Round Top about ten years ago when I went to buy merchandise for my antiques business that I owned and ran at the time. I’ve made so many wonderful friends over the years that I return twice a year during the shows, not necessarily to buy but rather to visit all my friends who meet there from all points around the country.

Last spring, after coming home from Spring Antiques Week, I began thinking that this would be a perfect spot to host an art retreat Suddenly, I was scheduling dates, negotiating contracts, selecting instructors, and the rest is history! Vivi Magoo Presents and the Art Retreats in TexasCalifornia, and Arizona were born! Everything is coming together without any hiccups ~ I take this as a sign that it was meant to be, and I’m  fulfilling some sort of universal destiny with this project!

If you decide to sign up to attend the jewelry design classes in April and/or September or the mixed media classes in May or October at Art Retreat at The Prairie, you’ll fall in love with this little slice of heaven too! 



visit the Round Top Chamber of Commerce to see what you’re missing!

No comments:

Post a Comment