Art Retreat at The PrairieArt Retreat by the BeachArt Retreat in the Desert

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Classes with Deryn Mentock at The Prairie


Wax On
Hi everyone...Deryn Mentock, here...

I'm thrilled to announce that I'll be teaching, this April, at Barb Solem's brand new art venue, Art Retreat at The Prairie!

If you've never heard of The Prairie, you're in for a treat. Let me tell you a little bit about it... It's near beautiful Round Top, Texas, and owned by the incomparable, Queen of Shabby Chic, Rachel Ashwell. Rachel is famous for her gorgeous taste in interior design. I swear, she could make a rusty post look like something special. The Prairie is a dream come true for her so, you can imagine what it's like. It's the perfect venue for an art retreat and Barb has done a fabulous job of bringing it to us, here in Texas.

I'll be teaching three different classes at The Prairie...


Wax On

Back by popular demand, is my Wax On class. I had such fun teaching this one last fall...and the students loved it. I'll show you how to create your own bezel pendant, from scratch. Then we'll fill it with a surprise + wax (as if that's not surprising enough!)


A Charming Reliquary

A Charming Reliquary is one of my new classes. This is bracelet that I've wanted to teach for about five years, now, but it just never quite came together as a class, so I'm super excited to offer it here...for the first time. I'll be covering tons of cold connection technique in this class so hold onto your cowgirl hats!


Entrada

My Entrada bracelet is also a brand new class that I'm so looking forward to teaching. For this one, I'll show you how to make an amazing, large clasp with a bezel, set with a stone. It has a stylish, dramatic look and it's as much fun to make as it is to wear.

To celebrate her inaugural event, Barb is giving away this lovely bit of sparkle...click here for details:


Also, make sure you check out her other events...The Beach, The Desert...for upcoming details!

Please, tell your friends and...come.

I hope to see you in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment