Art Retreat at The PrairieArt Retreat by the BeachArt Retreat in the Desert

Sunday, July 8, 2012

I’ve been watching and reading Lori Anderson’s blog, Bead Soup Blog Party for a while and decided to jump into the next swap when it occurred. It intrigued me a bit ~ you give and get beads and closures and focals and make necklaces, bracelets and jewelry out of what you receive. You are randomly paired with another jewelry designer, and you never know what will arrive in your mailbox until you see it. What a challenge, to say the least! What if I don’t like the selection that is sent me? What if the colors aren’t ones that I would normally choose for my own creations? What if I develop a mental block when I see the soup sent to me and cannot conjure up enough inspiration and creativity to make anything out of it?!?

Well, the 6th Bead Soup Blog Party has arrived, and I’ve been paired with a darling and talented jewelry artist named Lori Bergmann who lives in Washington state with her daughters, husband and dogs! Lori is a talented lamp work bead artist who makes her own focals and charms she’s just so darned creative and good at what she does! Here are just a few of her beautiful lamp work beads! Aren’t they the best?!?

I’ve sent her my bead soup, and she is sending mine to me this week! I can’t wait to see what she sends! I’ll post photos as soon as I receive it!

Love, Barb

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the lovely intro, Barb! I just sent your package of goodies out today and can't wait to see what you do with them! It's been so fun getting to know you better and see all your beautiful designs! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete